Program Dates and Times:
Tuesday - Friday • 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Optional add on of Mondays if needed)
Begins September 8, 2020 and will continue through the school year
Đổi thẻ game nạp bằng SMS 2019 for as long as distance learning continues at FCPS*
Green Acres Community Center • 4401 Sideburn Road, Fairfax
Kindergarten - 6th Grade
Please scroll down to find more information on eligibility, registration, pricing, financial assistance, parent handbooks and other FAQs
*When Fairfax County Public Schools transition back to in-person learning, changes to this program will occur*
Đổi thẻ game nạp bằng SMS 2019This program is exempt from VA State Childcare Licensing by Code § 63.2-1715
- Child must be enrolled in Kindergarten - 6th Grade for the 2020-21 school year.
- CITY of Fairfax Residence (Address verification may be requested)
- All parents/guardians living in the child’s home must meet one or more of the criteria below or an equivalent combination.
- Work 30+ hours a week.*
- Attend school full time (at least 12 semester hours).
- Attend a job training program 30+ hours a week.
- Be unable to work due to a disability.
*Families with adult essential workers who are unable to work from home will be given priority.
- Registration Now Open!
- Registration will be done through and application process.
- The program enrollment and selection will be based on those most in need and for those who meet the program eligibility.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they received.
- Once your application is submitted, you will be notified within five business days regarding the status of your application.
- If your application has been accepted, further information on the enrollment process will be provided at that time.
- Tuesday- Friday: $240/week** for first child, $180/week for second or more sibling
- Mondays Add on: $60/day for first day, $45/day for second or more sibling
- Billing will occur on a monthly automatic payment (credit card on file is required)
- Childcare subsidies will be accepted.
- TAX ID# 54-600-1266
- ** $60 per day, price of week may vary depending on number of program days during that week or month.
- Fee reductions for financial assistance are based on number of people in household and total household income.
- Please note that financial status will not affect your application status
- Further documentation may be required to prove financial assistance qualification at time of registration.
- Please review the financial assistance packet to see if you qualify for financial assistance
- If you do not qualify but are still in need of financial assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-591-3689
Monetary SupportFairfax City Parks and Recreation Department is partnering with Fairfax City Public Schools in order to provide assistance for child care for underprivileged families in Fairfax City. A new child care program for school-age children will be held at Green Acres with the goal to provide care for children during school hours for working in-need parents. The Parent Liaisons from Daniels Run, Providence, and Lanier Schools have assisted in identifying families in need from each school. This is a great opportunity for departments, companies, individuals or anyone who is looking to give back during these hard times and donate to families in need.
If you would like to make a monetary donation amount, please choose "add to Cart" and proceed to the next page and enter the amount you would like to contribute. If you prefer to make monthly payments or contribute in another way, please contact Karen Lussier, 703-591-3689 or email@example.com. The donation will be used to supplement fees for child care for families in Fairfax City. Any and all amount are greatly appreciated!!
Our program supports many families in Fairfax City who may not have access to books at this time because their school library is closed or has limited access. Our goal is to have a small library at our site that children can borrow books from to read.
- Amazon Wishlist:
- No Contact Drop Off 'Book Donations' Box at the Green Acres Center, 4401 Sideburn Road Fairfax VA 22030.
- The box is located next to the "Fairfax City Connected Care" sign in the gravel parking lot. Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5:00pm
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website about for more information about the Fairfax City Connected Care book donation program
City of Fairfax’s goal is to have all government programs, services, classes and camps, and senior programs accessible to all residents. While anyone and everyone is welcome to take our classes programs, only Fairfax City residents can qualify for fee reductions for classes and camps. These discounts are available on a sliding scale based on household income. Annual income verification is required.
Please click here: SLIDING SCALE
Đổi thẻ game nạp bằng SMS 2019QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS Program participation is limited to people who live in the Fairfax City ONLY. Qualification will be determined by household and proof of residency is required upon request.
Đổi thẻ game nạp bằng SMS 2019HOUSEHOLDS: All the persons who live in the same individual residence at a given time, that are listed as financially dependent on one another on income tax returns.
In order to apply for assistance, you must make an appointment.
Đổi thẻ game nạp bằng SMS 2019 Please call 703-591-3689 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Đổi thẻ game nạp bằng SMS 2019In order to complete the form please have the following information ready:
- Home Address
- Job Information
- Phone number
- Financial Assistance (If applies)
- Number of people in household
- Total household income
You've got questions - we have answers!
Q: Will masks need to be worn while at the program?
A: Staff will be required to wear a mask at all time. Children will be highly encouraged to wear a mask at all times.
Q: Will you be doing health checks?
A: Both staff and participants will have daily temperature and wellness checks upon entry to the building.
Q: How will children be grouped in the program?
A: Children will be grouped in a classroom of 8-10 kids with other kids the around same age and grade as them. Children will remain with their group the duration of the day in their classroom. The only shared spaces will be the gymnasium, playground and restrooms.
Q: How many staff members will be in each room?
A: Each classroom will have two staff members. So each room will have a max 1:8 staff to student ratio.
Q: Will staff help my child with their virtual learning?
A: Yes! Staff will assist children with their virtual learning. It will be the responsibly of the parent to communicate to the staff with any important and relevant information regarding the learning.
Q: What happens during the time my child is not doing virtual learning?
A: During the time when the children are not participating in their virtual learning, other activities will be provided such as crafts, games, physical activities, and outdoor play.
Q: Do I need to provide a laptop or tablet for my child?
A: If your child has a computer or tablet they are comfortable using they can bring their own device with them! If you do not have a device to bring, laptops will be provided if needed at no additional cost that will remain at the program at all times (courtesy of Fairfax City Schools and Superintendent)
Q: Does my child need headphones?
A: Yes! Since there will be children from different classes with different teachers in one room we ask that all children wear headphones while doing their virtual learning. We will provide each child with a headphone/microphone set include in the material fees that will remain at the program. Families are welcome to provide their own headphones if they choose.
Q: Will you serve lunch?
A: FCPS and Superintendent will provide breakfast and lunch for every child in this program. Please send children with a water bottle each day.
Q: Will children be able to use water fountains?
A: We ask that each child to bring a water bottle and we will provide water refill stations to prevent the spread of any germs.
Q: How will the children be separate in their classrooms?
A: Children will be provided their own desk space that will be physically distanced from each other.
Q: Will children share supplies?
A: Each child will be provided with their own supplies to remain at the program. This will include pencils, sharpers, colored pencils, erasers, markers, glue, scissors, headphones, etc.
Q: What cleaning precautions will be taken?
Đổi thẻ game nạp bằng SMS 2019A: High touch areas such classrooms, supplies and restrooms will be cleaned in between uses and on a constant basis. Daily morning and afternoon through cleanings will be done by staff.
Q: Hand washing??
Đổi thẻ game nạp bằng SMS 2019A: Consistent hand washing will be required. Each classroom is equip with a sink and soap. Hand sanitizer will also be provided.
Other questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org